The wealth of combined expertise finds its expression here, too, in how to handle the matter of ambulatory equipment and fittings around the patient without addressing the way that care is organized, flows and processes, etc.
We have therefore designed a comprehensive ambulatory pathway tightly centered around the operating room and clinical support unit that can be rolled out in existing premises and supports a continuous and incremental increase in ambulatory medicine, all with push flow management based on real-time optimization of the operating schedule.
As with all modern approaches in this area, ours is based on the principles of patient progress and independence.
Moving away from the concept of the “bedroom”
We help you to move beyond the concept of a bedroom or dedicated pre-operative preparation cubicle that the patient will pass through, to separate waiting periods from periods of treatment and care and to organize spaces in a way that is ideally suited to their use.
Optimizing waiting times
Waiting is a major element of the ambulatory pathway, so waiting areas must be designed for the comfort of the patient and their care companion; where treatment and care are rapid, the pathway must support coordination and reduce unnecessary trips back and forth and staff time wasted in waiting.
Find out about our ambulatory solutions in our catalog here.
What are the benefits?
For the patient:
In addition to the environment and equipment, patient comfort is increased and they receive a better standard of treatment and care. This increases their independence, and their stake in their care pathway:
- Comfortable waiting areas (pre- and post-treatment)
- Movement around the facility is optimized
- Increased clarity around the stages of their treatment and care
- Treatment and care time is concentrated and information is available during waiting periods
Their focus is on streamlined, efficient care with pull flow organization based on forthcoming operating theater availability, for planning ahead for patient care.
Minimized logistics and enhanced care
- Reduced movement of people and materials
- Real-time optimization of the operating suite/pull flow management
- Time savings
For the facility:
Streamline the ambulatory flow, address challenges, enhance the facility’s appeal and develop business!
- Adaptability and integration capability
- Reduced risk of clean/dirty area contamination
- Organized to make ambulatory medicine compatible with procedure-based pricing
- Use of space is optimized/amenity space is reduced
- Development of treatment and care quality and increased staff comfort